Experience the rich history of Vietnamese cuisine and learn how to prepare dishes native to Ho Chi Minh City during a half-day cooking lesson. Listen to the history of the war, the ingenuity of the Cu Chi residents and the daily activities of the residents of the tunnels
In the morning, Chef and driver pick you up at the hotel at 8:15 AM. Prepare to visit colorful market to get some foods for your hands on cooking class (Ben Thanh Market)
Then take you to Mai Home Sai Gon Culinary Art Center, the Vietnamese professional chefs will tell you some things about Vietnamese’s kitchen and culinary culture before cooking time.
Having lunch with the dishes made by yourself. Some questions from the Chiefs to make sure you are understand and remember every steps for cooking before you can get certificate and some presents from them.
Continuing your exiting tour, take you North West to the Cu Chi Tunnels which are 70kms away. This is an area where Vietnamese people proudly held their ground during the Vietnam war (in Vietnam it is known as The American War). Over 200kms of underground tunnels were made, the trip will help you understand the struggle the Vietnamese would have gone through on the frontline. It took an enormous amount of ingenuity, courage and imagination to match the enemy and these tunnels were a big part of the Vietnam War and ended being a resounding victory for the Cu Chi people.
The tunnel system, fortifications and trenches were a part of a soldiers life, you will see how they lived, the kitchens, store rooms, hospital, living quarters. You can crawl around parts of the tunnel yourself and watch a video of the history of the Vietnam War in this area.
We will then take you back to your hotel.
– Departure Time: 8:15AM
– Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Transportations: New air-condition vehicle transfer.
- Chef will pick up at hotel and visit in Ben Thanh market
- English speaking guide.
- Lunch with the dishes made by yourself
- Sightseeing and entrances fees at local guide.
- 01 Bottle mineral water per person
- Beverage, Travel Insurance, Tips
- Others not mentioned in the price above.
- Children under 05 years old: free of charge
- Children from 05 – 09 years old: 50 % of charge
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.