Day 1: Ho Chi Minh City – My Tho – Ben Tre – Long Xuyen (-/L/-)
Day 2: Long Xuyen floating market – Sa Dec – Ho Chi Minh City (B/L/-)
Travel along the Mekong and the natural network of canals by motor boat and sampan under the shadows of water coconut trees. Taste seasonal fruits right from the orchard, meet friendly locals, and visit the region’s lively floating markets
Day 1: HO CHI MINH CITY –MY THO – LONG XUYEN (-/L/-)
This morning, 8:00AM – your tour guide and private car will pick you up at your hotel and depart for My Tho City, the Capital of Tien Giang (Front River) province. Once here, you’ll take a boat ride over to Unicorn Island, one of the four lucky islands.
On this island you will see daily activities of the local people along tributaries of river and enjoy some typical produces of the Mekong Delta such as tropical candies, fresh fruits (depend on the season) and enjoy folk song.
Next, enjoy a ride on hand–rowing sampans that will take you along the small canals. You will enjoy a stop to try your hand at making coconut candy. Next, you will be taken in a horse-drawn carriage to the village’ s roads and taken to a local restaurant where you will enjoy a delicious lunch of local specialties like Tai Tuong fried fish, spring rolls, and fresh shrimp.
After lunch, enjoy a short walk on the village’s trail which will lead you past local houses, you will stop at one local house where you can taste fresh coconut milk at coconut garden with short coconut trees so you can pick yourself.
Head back along the trail and on the way back, visit Vinh Trang Pagoda. Then continue to Long Xuyen City. Overnight in Long Xuyen.
Day 2: LONG XUYEN – SA DEC – HO CHI MINH CITY (B/L/-)
Early morning, It is a great time when sitting on a small boat to enjoy Long Xuyen floating market. Normally, the big boats anchor close to each other in the middle of the river; other small boats can go through the crowd easily and gather close to the banks.
Tourists can find everything here such as fruits, vegetable, etc. The samples of goods are hanged on bamboo poles, hence buyers can see what products are sold at each boat. When the products are sold out, the samples will be taken down. Because fruits here are very fresh and not too expensive, so you should taste them or take some coconut milk. Tourists are very excited when trying their bargaining ability in this market.
Then Visit Tiger Island (Ong Ho Island), Located in My Hoa Hung Commune, Long Xuyen City, An Giang Province, Ong Ho Island had been formed by the silt of Hau River. Especially, there is the wooden house built on the island in which many artifacts of President Ton Duc Thang are being presented (Established in the middle of the fruit garden on the island, the wooden house, where the artifacts of President Ton Duc Thang are currently displayed, was built in 1887 by Mr. Ton Van De, President Ton Duc Thang’s father)
According to the inhabitants living in this island, the origin of name Ong Ho is because in the past there are many tigers and panthers residing on a area of rushes and reeds. After many years of accumulation of the silt of Hau River, Ong Ho Island was raised and people began to settle their living on the island. However, the name Tiger Island was still remained until now.
Before going back to Ho Chi Minh City, on the way we visit “Huynh Thuy Le” Ancient House in Sa Dec and have lunch there. Arrival Ho Chi Minh about 17:00. Tour the end.
(Note: B-Breakfast, L-Lunch, D-Dinner)
– Departure Time: 8:00AM
– Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Transportations: New air-condition vehicle transfer
- Accommodation in DBL or TWIN sharing room: 3 star hotel
- Long Xuyen: Dong Xuyen Hotel Hotel (http://dongxuyenhotel.com) or similar
- Boat trip in Mekong Delta
- Meal as stated in itinerary at local restaurant (01 BF, 02 Lunches)
- English speaking local guide
- Sightseeing and entrances fee at local guide
- 02 Bottle mineral water /pax /day
- Beverage, Travel Insurance, Tips
- Others not mentioned in the price above.
- Children under 05 years old: free of charge
- Children from 05 – 09 years old: 50 % of charge
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.